Reply To: Visualizing a textured model in 3ds max or others

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Help Visualizing a textured model in 3ds max or others Reply To: Visualizing a textured model in 3ds max or others

anubis0000
Participant

Thank you for answering,

I’ve been following your tutorial (it´s exactly what I was looking for) but I´ve encountered a slight problem when applying the textures.

I´ll put you an example. I have two folders with textures, Face_eye and Face_eye.dyt. In Face_eye I have data000.dds. I create a new texture in blender for the right eye of the model I´m working on, using data000, and it works well; I see a bluish pupil. The problem is, how to apply color to the pupil, so that it turns black? If I use the dds in the dyt folder and create a new texture for the eye, applying one of the dyt dds files, the entire eye is recolored in black with color stripes.

I saw both texture align tutorials, but I didn´t see any dyt dds files. What I saw (admittedly, I have yet to watch them from beginning to end and all in between) was a way to blend two textures from the Face_eye folder into one. But, in my example, I only have one texture (data000.dds) in the folder. So that could help me in other cases, but in this specific example I don´t see how it could be done. From my little understanding, it seems like I need to know how to apply the dyt dds files. In essence, how to apply color to the texture.