Change the Name/text of anything(msg Editor Tutorial)

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Tutorials Misc. Tutorials Change the Name/text of anything(msg Editor Tutorial)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

link to get msg editor:

http://mugenattackblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/xenoverse-msg-editor.html

http://xenoversemods.com/mods/msg-editor/

file->load will load a msg file. msg files are all in the msg folder. there is an image below telling what some of the commonly edited files are.  97% of all msg files have only 1 line per message how does this program work: when it reads the file it breaks the file down into its components and places it into array.  when it writes the msg for saving it reconstructs it into a new file with the changes.  just for those who are curious, i can add the feature to add stuff to msg files.  

Kyle Duey
    Participant

I was trying to edit SSJ God Goku’s name to be (Naruto) in this editor. But when I saved. Nothing happened. So now. I’m editing the character name msg file manually in HxD

nandoman89nandoman89
    Participant

I tried editing some of the dialogue files (to change dub names to original ex. Tien to Tenshinhan) but I get error

“index was outside the bounds of the array”

What does it mean and how to fix?

Majin PetroskMajin Petrosk
    Keymaster

hat does it mean and how to fix?

the Mugen’s msg tool only works with proper_xxxx files
    others than that will not work

My name is Majin Petrosk, after a life in hellish future, I was summoned by Shenlong with only one goal - to save the Time.
    With Trunks and Supreme Kai of Time helping in my crusade I defeat Demigra. But somehow I become a god.
    Now I'm someone else. I am something else.

KiramaruKiramaru
    Participant

so for other than proper_xxxx files we have to use HxD, but how can you find the offset to change the name since it has 5 numbers instead of 4 like the proper_ files. I mean for the proper_ ones if the offset was 1234 u were searching for 3412, when the offset is 12345 what are u supposed to look for..?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.