Create Z-soul Tool Tutorial

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Requests Create Z-soul Tool Tutorial

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    darkmessiah21641
    Participant

Can you please create a tutorial for how to use the z-soul tool. I keep getting an error handler message after importing the idb and msg files.  I can view the z-souls and choose between them but I can’t create or modify any z-souls. I want to be able to create one that is similar to “If I can only reach my perform form!” (Cell 2nd form).

Anonymous
    Inactive

i been meaning to do a tutorial.  also make sure nothing has those files open especially when saving.

darkmessiah21641
    Participant

Does that include steam? I don’t have the game running but steam is.

darkmessiah21641
    Participant

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of ‘0’ is not valid for ‘SelectedIndex’.
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at ZSoulTool.Form1.UpdateData()
    at ZSoulTool.Form1.itemList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at ZSoulTool.Form1.loadToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    —————————————-
    ZSoulTool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/ZSoulTool1.1.2.exe
    —————————————-
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    —————————————-
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    —————————————-

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging=”true” />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i tested and tool works fine for me. could be some other software is interfering with the tool.  so unless i get a bug similar, i wouldn’t know how to fix your issue.

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

I get the same error sometimes. If I try to load the files again, it works fine though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

tutorial started and got some of it done.

darkmessiah21641
    Participant

I checked out the tutorial but it’s missing something rather significant: Which directory are we going to? I was assuming the data2 directory but I could be wrong. I just tried the data directory but got the same result. Also where is the Z-soul tool supposed to be run from? Does it need to be in the game directory? Do you need to run as admin? The try loading twice methodology doesn’t appear to be working but answering these questions might help resolve my issue. Worst come to worse, I can just put down the specs I want for the z-soul I want to create so somebody else can do it. Also can the Z-soul tool be used for clothing or is there another tool for that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I checked out the tutorial but it’s missing something rather significant: Which directory are we going to? I was assuming the data2 directory but I could be wrong. I just tried the data directory but got the same result. Also where is the Z-soul tool supposed to be run from? Does it need to be in the game directory? Do you need to run as admin? The try loading twice methodology doesn’t appear to be working but answering these questions might help resolve my issue. Worst come to worse, I can just put down the specs I want for the z-soul I want to create so somebody else can do it. Also can the Z-soul tool be used for clothing or is there another tool for that?

older Z-soul tool could modify clothing. I disabled the ability to do it in newer version intentionally for it to be placed into another tool.

darkmessiah21641
    Participant

ok I moved the Z-Soul Tool to the game directory and made the changes to the effectdata.xml that you posted on the download topic and was able to load the files from the data2 directory with no errors however now I have alot of undetermined for skills and activations under the drop down menus. Is there anyway to determine what they are? Perhaps not all the hex values are in the effectdata.xml

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok I moved the Z-Soul Tool to the game directory and made the changes to the effectdata.xml that you posted on the download topic and was able to load the files from the data2 directory with no errors however now I have alot of undetermined for skills and activations under the drop down menus. Is there anyway to determine what they are? Perhaps not all the hex values are in the effectdata.xml

I used this thread to get most of the info for effects and activations.  not all been tested.

http://dbxvmods.freeforums.net/thread/1189/soul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.