Figuring out how to Add more Characters and Costumes

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Programming Figuring out how to Add more Characters and Costumes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What we know so far that is obviously true:
    -the iggy file is responsible for the gui which is created in flash with special plugin.
    -what quests you have completed dictate whats unlocked.

Note:
    this is a continuation of the thread from the old forum.

devilsdemon1
    Participant

and also the saves tell the iggy file what’s unlocked as well I think (is that right?)

Anonymous
    Inactive

and also the saves tell the iggy file what’s unlocked as well I think (is that right?)

quest data in the save files help tell whats unlocked so yes.

also might try to update the first post to put any important notes everyone should know.

ragecomic
    Participant

😕 What do you mean?

ArkanoArkano
    Participant

It would not be bad that a summary was added what has been found so far.
    I hope that those who published the information do not care.

By Mastaklo

<b>i think that its time that we figure out how to add characters
    heres what i know so far</b>

i think the roster is mainly controlled by CHARSELE.iggy
    which is located in data2/data/ui/iggy
    at offset 19CB5 you cann se all the playable characters in the same order as they appear in the character selection screen
    for example when i changed GOD to GOK i got a 100% clone of Goku in the GodGoku slot
    it has the Name, the selection portrait, the skill and even the stats
    when you now change a file in the GOK folder the changes apply to both slots

what i tryied then is i created a new folder in the chara folder and named it ABC
    then i copied all of GOD into that new folder
    in the CHARASELE.iggy i changed GOD to ABC
    this is what happens

By Cription

Found something!

I edited my main save file which has completed the game. I made it so that I never completed the Bardock mission. Which took away his first costume. I believe his other 2 costumes which I still had come from the Brolly missions.

Then within data2\data\quest\TPQ\tpq_data.qxd I swapped the two hex values below...

Leaving me with...

I repacked Data2, went in game... And guess what? I had access to Bardock, but didn't have access to Goku SSJ God.
    From there on I wanted to test further. So, I went to Trunks and started the Bardock mission. After completing it, I then had access to Goku SSJ God.

This is the file where character unlocks are referenced.
    Jackpot.

By Cription

Found out where the character select menu checks for things. Just now need to know where it's checking it.

data2\data\ui\iggy\CHARASELE.iggy

By Mastaklo

the dlc3 characters are in charasele.iggy
    go here

Although I would add also, that one of the reasons why I think a box is not activated and invented a new character, is that there is no such character in the other files, not only in CHARA01.emb, if but also in characername, custom_skill, aura_setting, Stadistics character files, etc .. etc ..

is one of the conclusions I have come for which you may leave the lock in the new characters are added, even that add or sustituyas other file in the file \ TPQ \ tpq_data.qxd.

Gamer and lover of the world of Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya.

My youtube Channel with my Mods: Arkano Gaming.
    http://youtube.com/c/ark4n0

GrimmReaper9001GrimmReaper9001
    Participant

Although I would add also, that one of the reasons why I think a box is not activated and invented a new character, is that there is no such character in the other files, not only in CHARA01.emb, if but also in characername, custom_skill, aura_setting, Stadistics character files, etc .. etc .. is one of the conclusions I have come for which you may leave the lock in the new characters are added, even that add or sustituyas other file in the file \ TPQ \ tpq_data.qxd.

While I don’t know about CHARA01.emb and other files, it doesn’t need anything in characername, custom_skill, and aura_setting. Without a name “Unknown Character” is displayed, no skills is glitchy, but in the selection screen it will display the skills of the last character/costume you were on before selecting that character and ingame gives you the skills of your CAC, and no aura I believe results in the default blue aura.

Amarazu
    Participant

Wow ! Really good job bro ! Can u make a video to show what u can do ?

ArkanoArkano
    Participant

Today I managed to load the old Kaio, but I did not get the model.

I have replaced in the file charasele.iggy Saibaman to Old kaio
    and the file data2\data\quest\TPQ\tpq_data.qxd remplace SBM to ROK .

load me the name and stats of the character, but not the model.

Amarazu
    Participant

Do u know if it s possible to add a costume for a char? It s possible to add a slot too?

ArkanoArkano
    Participant

Do u know if it s possible to add a costume for a char? It s possible to add a slot too?

Well, that still we do not know how, if you look at the last picture I uploaded the old Kaio. I put the game will load the old Kaio in the Saibaman slot instead of the Saibaman and if you look at the slots assigned to it by the old Kaio game are the same that had the Saibaman.

That means that even the “.BCS” file can be 1 to 14 characters sots, the menu only charge that has predefined in the game interface.

This information is not whether it will be in the charasele.iggy file or other “.iggy” file that apparently are the ones with the Flash environment game interface.

Participant

I got Demigra working without crashing the game by adding in a portrait CHARA01.emb. He has no grab, though. I did the same with Imperfect Cell (I used Xan’s portrait) and tried giving him moves. I copied a different Cell moveset, changed the ID to the one used for Imperfect’s aura, and added it in the order where the number would show up. When I booted up the game, everyone had “Unknown Skill” for every skill.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Amarazu
    Participant

Wooow you add this 2 char and it works in a fight?

ArkanoArkano
    Participant

I got Demigra working without crashing the game by adding in a portrait CHARA01.emb. He has no grab, though. I did the same with Imperfect Cell (I used Xan’s portrait) and tried giving him moves. I copied a different Cell moveset, changed the ID to the one used for Imperfect’s aura, and added it in the order where the number would show up. When I booted up the game, everyone had “Unknown Skill” for every skill.

you’ve made using the methods outlined above?

because when I try to add cell 1, strikes me as with Demigra, all fields of characters turn gray.

ArkanoArkano
    Participant

and a miracle it happened :O

change the cells to remove the cell Cell Jr. in the place of the old No. 18 I put old kaio ..

The problem is that does not take their skills, load the skills of my character CaC.

It’ve seen better. And for some reason you load the last selected skills presonaje above the Old Kaio.

Participant

I tried loading Final Form Demigra in Hercule spot, and it gave me no model. Then I tried loading Great Ape Baby in that spot, which I had successfully put in Wis’s spot, and I still got no model. Anyone I now try to load in Hercules spot has no model, I’ve other Great Apes, no luck. However, I believe I might have previously loaded Old Kai in that spot too, and got no model.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.