Game crashes with clothes mods

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Help Game crashes with clothes mods

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    draconixgmdraconixgm
    Participant

i’ve installed several mods lately, characters, transformations and hair and face changes, nothing happened and i kept playing as normal, but when i add/replace costumes in the game, suddenly it crashes, WHY! I JUST WANNA BE FASHION! Does anyone knows how to fix it WITHOUT the need to remove my clothes mods?

mindinavoid
    Participant

From my personal experience with this same sort of bug (as well as some digging in forums and such) it seems the crashes are related to the presence (or lack thereof) of model LOD files for the modified clothes. The only way I’ve found personally to work around it is to turn down the game’s “Characters Limit” setting in Graphics/Advanced. This makes the game prioritize loading only nearer character models, meaning it doesn’t bother trying to load characters at the distance that would make it try to load the broken/missing LOD files (which then crash the game).

If you’re anything like me, you probably won’t notice much of a difference anyway. I keep mine at “Medium” and (knock wood) haven’t had any custom model LOD-related crashes since.

draconixgmdraconixgm
    Participant

well, looks like it worked, took my time to reply here but ever since i changed the settings, no crashes happened, thx dude!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.