Goku Black Rose's Ki Blade to appear on CaC X2M Characters?

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Help Goku Black Rose's Ki Blade to appear on CaC X2M Characters?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    A Name IndeedA Name Indeed
    Participant

So I’ve been trying to get Goku Black’s ki blade to appear on my CaC X2M Character for the past few days and still can’t get it to show. I’ve been using Hunt363’s Goku Black Rose and Zamasu’s Moveset for CaC (with color variants)  , and a lot of people are saying just add the EMB files into his VFX folder (VFX/Chara/”Character ID”) and still has not done anything to make the blade appear.

It worked on the CaC in-game before extracting him into an X2m and after that it has not worked since.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Remember this pain, and let it activate you"

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Other than 3-D model exporting, this is the single most agonizing modding technique I have EVER had to pull off….. I went through a week and a half of blood and sweat to get that god-forsaken blade to show on an X2M character because there are NO tutorials on it ANYWHERE…. It used to require some kind of hex-editing, but Lazybone himself is the one who discovered the secret.

I will tell you right now, the only way I know of how to do this will make it so you CANNOT release the character to the public or anyone else. This is because it depends entirely on your X2M character’s ID number in your character roster, which is different for everyone who would be installing it. Additionally, each time you uninstall the character, the character who takes up the ID of the character you uninstalled will cause an infinite loading screen until you undo your change to that ID entry. This is a very delicate file we will be working with…

Is this for personal use only? Because if you’re trying to upload an X2M character with a blade as a mod, then I’m unable to help you on that. THAT would require BAC editing and for your character to have the Divine Retribution blade equipped.

Participant

Other than 3-D model exporting, this is the single most agonizing modding technique I have EVER had to pull off….. I went through a week and a half of blood and sweat to get that god-forsaken blade to show on an X2M character because there are NO tutorials on it ANYWHERE…. It used to require some kind of hex-editing, but Lazybone himself is the one who discovered the secret. I will tell you right now, the only way I know of how to do this will make it so you CANNOT release the character to the public or anyone else. This is because it depends entirely on your X2M character’s ID number in your character roster, which is different for everyone who would be installing it. Additionally, each time you uninstall the character, the character who takes up the ID of the character you uninstalled will cause an infinite loading screen until you undo your change to that ID entry. This is a very delicate file we will be working with… Is this for personal use only? Because if you’re trying to upload an X2M character with a blade as a mod, then I’m unable to help you on that. THAT would require BAC editing and for your character to have the Divine Retribution blade equipped.

For personal use only, me and a few friends like making our own CaC’s and giving them their own slot in-game so we can use our own characters and stuff like that. I’ve been wanting to make a character for my one friend with the ki blade cause he found it to be the coolest thing in the game (and he’s a monster with Goku Black Rose lol).

I’m trying to keep the Rose blade the same color just to not over-complicate things with the character.

I too looked everywhere for a tutorial and didn’t find a single thing on it.

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Ok, good.

First thing I need is for you to download CMS Editor if you don’t already have it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ypjvp3hdllxzn7s/AAB6xLY3ga1AI3RddHLqLBQXa?dl=0

Then open the CMS editor, open your chara_model_spec.cms file that can be found in DB Xenoverse 2\data\system and then click the dropdown menu until you find the 3-digit ID code of your character who needs the blade. Tell me what that character’s ID number is and we will go from there.

If you don’t know your character’s 3-digit ID code, then open your XV2 Installer, click Tools, and then click Slot Editor. Find your character in the roster, left click them, hover over any costume, and then click Edit. It will show you the ID code there.

Participant

Ok, good. First thing I need is for you to download CMS Editor if you don’t already have it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ypjvp3hdllxzn7s/AAB6xLY3ga1AI3RddHLqLBQXa?dl=0 Then open the CMS editor, open your chara_model_spec.cms file that can be found in DB Xenoverse 2\data\system and then click the dropdown menu until you find the 3-digit ID code of your character who needs the blade. Tell me what that character’s ID number is and we will go from there. If you don’t know your character’s 3-digit ID code, then open your XV2 Installer, click Tools, and then click Slot Editor. Find your character in the roster, left click them, hover over any costume, and then click Edit. It will show you the ID code there.

Alright, I’ve downloaded the XV2Lib and found my character (Character ID is 152-LIG)

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Thank you, sorry for the delay. Time sort of got away from me…

Luckily, I believe I can walk you through the rest in a step-by-step guide. Let me know if it works, and remember to UNDO this change if you decide to uninstall the character, or the next character in your roster who uses this ID will give you an infinite loading screen unless he/she also uses the Goku Black Rosé fighting style.

Tools you’ll need:

1. First, you need to go into DB Xenoverse 2\data\vfx and then look for a file called “vfx_spec.ers”. If you had a CaC who uses the ki blade, then you most likely have the “vfx_spec.ers” file in this folder. If you do NOT see it in that folder, then go to wherever you extracted your CPKs\data2\data\vfx and then copy the “vfx_spec.ers” file from there and paste it in your DB Xenoverse 2\data\vfx folder.
    2. Once you have a “vfx_spec.ers” file in your VFX folder, drag the file into “XV2 Xml Serializer.exe”. This will create a “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file
    3. Right click the “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file and choose to “Edit with Notepad++”
    4. Once you’ve got the file opened in Notepad++, press CTRL+F.
    5. Type in a search for SubEntry ID=”152″
    6. Once you’ve found it, you should arrive at this piece of code:

<SubEntry ID="152" Str_04="NULL">
    <File string="NULL" />
    </SubEntry>

7. All you need to do to make the ki blade appear is change that line of code to say THIS instead:

<SubEntry ID="152" Str_04="">
    <File string="chara/GBR/GBR.eepk" />
    </SubEntry>

8. Once you’ve edited that, save the file.

9. Drag the “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file back into “XV2 Xml Serializer.exe”

10. Run the game, and as long as your character is using Goku Black Rosé’s fighting style, his ki blade will appear.

The same tricks can be performed to get the Zamasu blade in a Zamasu fighting style, the blue slashing effect on Trunks’ sword in a Trunks fighting style (but it will NOT give you the sword itself), Janemba’s particle teleporting in a Janemba fighting style (will not give you the sword itself), Bojack’s energy blast from his grab in a Bojack fighting style, etc.) but you of course need to replace the “GBR” parts with the proper ID code of the character whose fighting style you are using.

That wasn’t so hard right? 🙂 Nothing like the 2 weeks I spent removing blocks of data in hex-editors bit by bit and relaunching the game to try and find those 2 tiny numbers that tell the game to use the blade. lmao

Hope this helps you and your friends out. 🙂

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Thank you, sorry for the delay. Time sort of got away from me… Luckily, I believe I can walk you through the rest in a step-by-step guide. Let me know if it works, and remember to UNDO this change if you decide to uninstall the character, or the next character in your roster who uses this ID will give you an infinite loading screen unless he/she also uses the Goku Black Rosé fighting style. Tools you’ll need:

1. First, you need to go into DB Xenoverse 2\data\vfx and then look for a file called “vfx_spec.ers”. If you had a CaC who uses the ki blade, then you most likely have the “vfx_spec.ers” file in this folder. If you do NOT see it in that folder, then go to wherever you extracted your CPKs\data2\data\vfx and then copy the “vfx_spec.ers” file from there and paste it in your DB Xenoverse 2\data\vfx folder.
    2. Once you have a “vfx_spec.ers” file in your VFX folder, drag the file into “XV2 Xml Serializer.exe”. This will create a “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file
    3. Right click the “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file and choose to “Edit with Notepad++”
    4. Once you’ve got the file opened in Notepad++, press CTRL+F.
    5. Type in a search for SubEntry ID=”152″
    6. Once you’ve found it, you should arrive at this piece of code:

<SubEntry ID="152" Str_04="NULL">
    <File string="NULL" />
    </SubEntry>
    7. All you need to do to make the ki blade appear is change that line of code to say THIS instead: <SubEntry ID="152" Str_04="">
    <File string="chara/GBR/GBR.eepk" />
    </SubEntry>
    8. Once you’ve edited that, save the file. 9. Drag the “vfx_spec.ers.xml” file back into “XV2 Xml Serializer.exe” 10. Run the game, and as long as your character is using Goku Black Rosé’s fighting style, his ki blade will appear. The same tricks can be performed to get the Zamasu blade in a Zamasu fighting style, the blue slashing effect on Trunks’ sword in a Trunks fighting style (but it will NOT give you the sword itself), Janemba’s particle teleporting in a Janemba fighting style (will not give you the sword itself), Bojack’s energy blast from his grab in a Bojack fighting style, etc.) but you of course need to replace the “GBR” parts with the proper ID code of the character whose fighting style you are using. That wasn’t so hard right? ? Nothing like the 2 weeks I spent removing blocks of data in hex-editors bit by bit and relaunching the game to try and find those 2 tiny numbers that tell the game to use the blade. lmao Hope this helps you and your friends out. ?

I did all that, however, I can’t find my character’s ID number in Notepad++ in the vfx_spec_.ers., it stops right after Fused Zamasu’s ID Number (142)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RazeDevastator
    Participant

Well, darn….. This means Lazybone’s version has additional entries.

Download the Lazybone New Transformations mod (you don’t even have to install it if you don’t want it): https://xenoversemods.com/mods/new-transformations-added-skills/

Then once you’ve extracted the files, go into the folder called “7. SSR for CaC with SSR Black Moveset swap”

Then go into the folder that says “MALE ONLY”

Take THAT vfx_spec.ers file and use it to replace your current one. It will have MANY more entries, including #152 for your character. So perform my steps on THAT file instead until you get to step 8.

As an extension to step 8, you will also need to replace the following code:

<SubEntry ID="102" Str_04="">
    <File string="chara/SYM/SYM.eepk" />
    </SubEntry>

with THIS code instead:

<SubEntry ID="102" Str_04="">
    <File string="chara/VGT/VGT.eepk" />
    </SubEntry>

THEN proceed with step 9 and so on.

Let me know if this works or if you have any questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.