Help with wrong rotation..

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Help Help with wrong rotation..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

I need help with  text imported to game. How can i make the game see the text on the right way rotation? Blender see it the correct way, but the game see it the opposite way.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome To The End Of Yor Life... I Promise You It's Going To Hurt!

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

That’s because models are always being flipped when imported into xenoverse.
    When you model you have to do it inverted from the beginning to have it displayed properly.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

So can’t be fix?

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

Of course it can.
    You’ll have to mirror the model. Unfortunately this will cause the faces to be inverted. I don’t know how to fix that in blender, I use primarily 3ds max.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

I have 3ds max install and i don’t use it, if is not a huge step that i need to go thru this fix..you can tell me how to fix it in 3ds max

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

I don’t know how complicated it will be for you, it’s something that takes me only a minute.

1 Detach the scripture from the bust model.

2 Mirror the scripture.

3 Fix its position.

4 Select the bust. <— this is IMPORTANT. Select the bust before doing the next step!!!!

5 Attach the scripture to it.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

Can you please explain to me how exactly i do this? i’m not familiar with 3ds. sorry if i’m asking too much

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

It’s not asking too much. I will do that later though. I’m rigging a model atm and that’s pretty annoying even without me getting sidetracked by making screenshots 😛

I’ll put together a few screenshots that explain what to do over the weekend if that’s fine by you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

Yes please…i’ll appreciate that, just let me know.

Thanks

Majin PetroskMajin Petrosk
    Keymaster

Edit mode -> Mesh -> Mirror -> Global Y (if you not rotate your model)
    if your text doesn’t appear in game Mesh -> Normals -> Flip Normals

My name is Majin Petrosk, after a life in hellish future, I was summoned by Shenlong with only one goal - to save the Time.
    With Trunks and Supreme Kai of Time helping in my crusade I defeat Demigra. But somehow I become a god.
    Now I'm someone else. I am something else.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

Edit mode -> Mesh -> Mirror -> Global Y (if you not rotate your model) if your text doesn’t appear in game Mesh -> Normals -> Flip Normals

This method doesn’t work, but thanks anyway.

Keymaster

Edit mode -> Mesh -> Mirror -> Global Y (if you not rotate your model) if your text doesn’t appear in game Mesh -> Normals -> Flip Normals

This method doesn’t work, but thanks anyway.

always worked for me, this method I always used when I was working with my CaC Wargreymon Armour and my CaC transformation

My name is Majin Petrosk, after a life in hellish future, I was summoned by Shenlong with only one goal - to save the Time.
    With Trunks and Supreme Kai of Time helping in my crusade I defeat Demigra. But somehow I become a god.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

When i always import FBX files to blender, i never rotate nothing except Text mesh, but with this problem of the game see it the other way. Do you suppose to rotate the model as soon you imported?

Keymaster

When i always import FBX files to blender, i never rotate nothing except Text mesh, but with this problem of the game see it the other way. Do you suppose to rotate the model as soon you imported?

you don’t need to rotate the model, when you export to fbx again there a option called “-Z Forward”, change it to “Y Forward”
    now to invert the text you only need to select the text in “Edit Mode” and then Mesh (tab option located to left “Edit Mode”) -> Mirror -> Global Y and press “Enter”
    if your text not joined to the model, join it and test in xenoviewer or ingame
    if doesn’t show up, select it again and Mesh -> Normals -> Flip Normals
    this will be result
    I did those steps when I created my CaC face scar, the first time I made it, it wasn’t the right place I wanted (inverted basically) so I did those steps and now I have my scar in right place

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

I don’t know, but it doesn’t work. I follow your steps and no fix. 🙁

Does it suppose to happen something after you add (Y Global) in blender? cause nothing happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.