How to load multiple textures from a single .emb

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse Tutorials Texture Tutorials How to load multiple textures from a single .emb

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Loris Cangini
    Participant

Hi to everyone!

One of the oldest and most annoying problems I had was the fact that only 1 image can be used when put inside of a .emb.
    Normally I bypassed the problem by putting everything in a single image and editing the UV maps, but not all problems can be solved in that way and you’d agree that’s not comfortable at all!

I searched for a way to load multiple images from a .emb and actually I was surprised by the simplicity of the solution!

All you’ll need are the .emd you want to edit and an Hex editor.
    In my example I’ll use HxD.

Open your .emd in your Hex editor and search for the material name you want it to use another texture, after a few bytes you’ll find 2 ” (look at the image), 2 bytes before those ” there are the numbers to change.
    As you can see from the beneath image they are both 00 (at least they should be!), you can change those 00 to match the image number you want to be used, so, if you want the material (CC00_BUST_A_bust in my example) to use the 2nd image in the matching .emb, change 00 to 01, you want to use the 3rd image change them to 02 and so on.

Let me know if something goes wrong!

The tutorial is finished, as you can see, nothing too complex!
    And now, let’s do even more astonishing mods!! eheh

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

HOLY SHIT! And this took as a full year to figure out?! Damn, we should be ashamed of our selves!! xD

Thanks for finding this Loris. Very good job. But I told you, it’s an issue related to fbxemd.exe, right? But I never would have guessed it’s THAT easy! >.<

EDIT: Made your Tutorial sticky, this is far too important to be lost again.

Loris Cangini
    Participant

HOLY SHIT! And this took as a full year to figure out?! Damn, we should be ashamed of our selves!! xD

Thanks for finding this Loris. Very good job. But I told you, it’s an issue related to fbxemd.exe, right? But I never would have guessed it’s THAT easy! >.<

EDIT: Made your Tutorial sticky, this is far too important to be lost again.

ahah, true!
    I was thinking on some complex solutions and when I managed to achieve the result with practically no work I didn’t know whether to cry or laugh!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mxronhsmxronhs
    Participant

If I understand well, you mean, if i insert all the texture of Goku’s and Gohan’s clothes (turtle Gi uniform),can I have for example the red glow effect that only Goku has when he uses kaioken, or the golden shinning effect when Goku and Gohan use the Super Saiyan transformation?

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

MXronhs, no. That’s done by dyt.emb and .bcs.

xanxan
    Keymaster

Dude I can’t thank you enough for that ! I love you <3

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

It doesn’t work for me, i doing something wrong?

Spoiler:
    Never mind i was doing it wrong. That was not the line to change. Thanks for your tutorial now it make this more easy.

Welcome To The End Of Yor Life... I Promise You It's Going To Hurt!

The Mad Titan
    Keymaster

great work man . i have a question . i see 2 spots that means we can only use 2 dds from one emb with this method?

Val E RyonVal E Ryon
    Keymaster

Sorry Titan, but let me hit you with a quote:

168773 wrote:

As you can see from the beneath image they are both 00 (at least they should be!), you can change those 00 to match the image number you want to be used, so, if you want the material (CC00_BUST_A_bust in my example) to use the 2nd image in the matching .emb, change 00 to 01, you want to use the 3rd image change them to 02 and so on.

The Mad Titan
    Keymaster

yeah i saw that . but that didnt make much sense. how many textures can we add with this?.

Dkzeria PRDkzeria PR
    Participant

yeah i saw that . but that didnt make much sense. how many textures can we add with this?.

I think you can add as many you want

Welcome To The End Of Yor Life... I Promise You It's Going To Hurt!

Loris Cangini
    Participant

great work man . i have a question . i see 2 spots that means we can only use 2 dds from one emb with this method?

No, you can put any number of dds, simply write the proper number in the emd.

The Mad Titan
    Keymaster

thanks ill try that soon then 🙂

Bandroid17Bandroid17
    Participant

IM LITERALLY CRYING INSIDE ITS THAT EASY RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES THIS WHOLE TIME OMFG WOW

nonetheless, thank you so much for discovering this!!

Majin PetroskMajin Petrosk
    Keymaster

Loris is possible to use textures like, example, the Dragon Balls of Omega Shenlong? (SD1_000_Face_forehead.emb)
    if yes how can I do it? I try to use that texture in my mod that I’m creating right now and I can’t make the dragon ball texture working on it

My name is Majin Petrosk, after a life in hellish future, I was summoned by Shenlong with only one goal - to save the Time.
    With Trunks and Supreme Kai of Time helping in my crusade I defeat Demigra. But somehow I become a god.
    Now I'm someone else. I am something else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.