Problems with recoloring transformation hair

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Help Problems with recoloring transformation hair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dustzx
    Participant

I’m trying to make a goku black with 2 stage transformation mod (for personal use), for that i used the goku black x2m in the new transformations mod by lazybone and used a awaken skill i made to limit transformations by 2 and change some auras. He can go ss1 and 2 normally. Then i wanted to change the yellow from the standard super saiyan to black, so i got the .dyt for ss hair on the modded goku black folder and used embpack to open it and changed the data002 texture color, but when i try to use it ingame, the ss hair just keeps changing colors while i move around. Most certainly i’m missing something important, and i’m guessing it has something to do with the .bcs file of the character, but im still a complete amateur at modding to understand it, so i wanted to know what im doing wrong 🙁

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Lazybone transformations are a little weird in that they sometimes require more than just a DATA002 texture. Try to copy and paste your DATA002 texture and rename it properly until you have up to DATA005.dds created, and then repack your DYT.EMB file.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dustzx
    Participant

Tried it but still have the same issue. I tried to do a model swap just as a sort of test and that part worked ( so i could have ssb goku hair when transformed, for example ), but if i tried to recolor it, it came back to the previous issue again. ( oh and im using gimp and just recoloring that first colored bar on the texture then exporting with BC3/DXT5 compression, i tried to paste a existing color from another char hair texture over it too but both methods have the same result. )

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Ah, when exporting, make sure to NOT generate mip maps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dustzx
    Participant
    • I updated my modding tools ( didnt knew they were outdated lol ), then i unpacked data and data2 .cpk again for reasons. Then i used the basic recoloring process and did what you said before, and it magically worked! The only thing i think i made different was not erasing the texture folder after editing it (guess it makes sense now why mods have some folders with .dds textures inside).
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.