Somebody can make a tutorial “How to grab accessory to another chara for Cac“

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Tutorials Somebody can make a tutorial “How to grab accessory to another chara for Cac“

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TsuTsu
    Participant

I need a tutorial that explains in detail the steps necessary to extrapolate necklaces, golden arm and forearm bracelets, copy them to create other and various forearm bandages. Preferably Ardos as exemplary for the demonstration. I would like to have his rings for the arms and gauze he has on his forearms ..can anyone make me happy, satisfying my requests or should i look for the dragon balls to ask for a wish? 🙂

TsuTsu
    Participant

I have 3d modeling program like “3ds max and Blender”..

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

Were you able to import everything you need correctly? if yes i can guide you from here.

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.
    - "Guidepost for the Hunters" Chapter 13, Clause 1.

TsuTsu
    Participant

still you .. thanks for the attention .. use Blender ‘because the software “3ds Max” I load the 3D model of the character from which I want to extract rings and bandages (Ardos) in a wrong position compared to the xv2 plan. I have some reservations about which file to load. Going to intuition usually load the Hum.esk (skeleton cac) and his bust with the skeleton of Ardos and his bust, I do not know .. I tried to join the two bodies, overlapping on the plane of the X axis (if the 3-dimensional Cartesian reference system is taken into consideration) the Ardos body on that of my character but once exported the file and uploaded xv2 the body appears to me positioned far from the body, on the horizontal plane with respect to the sagittal plane of my character, fixed with open arms. Surely I skipped a few pass because ‘I do not know anything about editing but I want to learn .. I have a lot of beautiful ideas and creations in mind but that I can not realize because of the lack of knowledge of editing programs. I found some very interesting 3D models, Native Americans, bracelets, hats that I would like to create for xv2 but I do not know where to start, if you want to participate, I would be happy to collaborate and share my ideas in the mutual intent of course.

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

eh you know, the majority of answers are by RazeDevastator and sometimes mine, since it seems that the other modders are occupied to do mods and don’t have time for sharing their knowledge.

The problem in your proceeding is that you used Ardos .esk. You need to use only the esk for what the model is supposed to be. So you want to import everything with the HUM.esk. Then, you need to enter in edit mode and see look for the “pieces” of the model (wich are named materials) you want to keep 1.

Once you decided what you want to keep, use the select button on all the materials you don’t want (or you can invert the selection with ctrl+i), the selected material will turn orange, then hit delete and select faces. The material name will remain on the list, to delete it go back in object mode and press the “-” (minus) button at the right of the material list(you cant delete material names in edit mode). 2

In case you want something that is in a material that you want to delete enter edit mode, change the select method to faces (see yellow circle in img2) to manually select every face that you need by keeping pressed shift and right click on them. You can select liked faces with ctrl+L. You can de-select linked faces by hovering with the mouse on a face and then shift+L. (All the select commands are aviable in the select menu at the left of edit/object mode option)

Once you are done here i’ll explain further.

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    TsuTsu
    Participant
    Thanks! I try! after the procedure how do I set the posture of my cac? do you set up alone or do you need to do something?
    TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

You mean the Fighting pose? Or the position of the model before exporting?

The fighting pose is something unrelated and needs a different explanation.

If you mean the “settings” before exporting, you just need to make sure the model is positioned vertically (as you normally see it). The export settings are the standard one aside that you need to set the scale to 0.01 (in some versions, if you do not see the model with the 1 scale).

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

TsuTsu
    Participant

ok .. I have correctly superimposed the objects on the body of my character. I converted the file from fbx to emd and introduced it to the HUM folder. Only when he loads the character leaves without a bust with the giant bust projected elsewhere. I state that I do not know where to set the scale factor in blender. Would you show me also the procedures that have to be done following the overlap of objects? thank you

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

Of course, here is the semi-last and most annoying thing to do, and if you are lucky enough (and you are using already rigged things), you can skip it. I’m talking about vertex groups. Immagine-1

(Right clik on the “accessory model” you ripped earlier, and enter edit mode) then you need to check which part of the model will move with the relative part of the skeleton (example in picture: that orange part of the armor will move with the shoulder). Beware that the model is mirrored when you import it so the left will be right and vice-versa. If you are using someone else’s “accessories” probably you will not need this. If you see something odd and you want to fix it you need to press select and then remove, then pick the right part and click assign. The selection process is the same as the material one (written above), you can also use the material tab (see previous post, the orange ball-thing in the 1st image of the thread) to select what you need. (In some situatins) this is more annoying and complicated then it looks, and at the beginning and you may also see odd things as result even if you think you did it correctly. The only advice i can give you here (in case of failure) is patience and re-check everything and try something slightly different, you’ll eventually do it right.

So as last (or you can do this first and then the above one, but i prefer this way), you need to join the models before exporting (Right click + keep pressed shift until selected all you need then press crtl+j, also the name of the model will be the one of the last one selected). Also remember to rotate the object as written in the previous post. The scale setting is here. Also activate the button at it’s right. Immagine

That’s all for the model part. I hope that my explaination is clear until here if you have any other problem let me know. Once you are done here we’ll talk abot textures and colors.

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    TsuTsu
    Participant

so at the time of export I have to reposition the trunk horizontally as I found it at the time of import?

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

No it needs to stay vertically as you will normally see it. (Also i updated the previous post if you didn’t notice)

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

TsuTsu
    Participant

My friend,
    I’m going crazy, I do not know how to do it at the end. I tell you the various procedures:
    – Load the pieces I need in a new folder.
    – the bust of Ardos with the wrist and turn it into file.FBX
    – the bust of my character with its skeleton file.ESK
    – I open blender 

– the model appears face down, positioned horizontally from the plane of the world of Blender.

– First load the bust of Ardos in order to take the rings and the various bandages.
    – Amount all on a scale of 1.0
    – Edit mode
    – I cut the objects I need, I separate them with the P key
    – Then I carry out the transport of the objects at any point on the plane.
    – Remove the bust of Ardos
    – I load the bust of my Cac.
    – Suitable for objects on the bust of my character
    – Export all on a 0.01 scale
    – The result is that at the loading of xv2 my character comes out depredated of his bust.

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

Did you imported all models with the HUM.esk (ardos bust and rist too)?

Did you merged the “accessories” you ripped from ardos parts with your base Bust file? (in Object mode Right click on all the models while pressing shift, then ctrl+J)

Can i have your blender file so i can see what you did wrong?

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

TsuTsu
    Participant

Yes, I think I’ve done all the procedures correctly and I also think I understand what the problem is. Before exporting them, I realized that by activating Edit Mode, only the bust is turned orange, but the rest of the objects do not. So I forgot, following the selection of objects to add them. Anyway, I leave the project file of Blender. I hope you can solve the problem. Thanks again. You are very kind. You can give me your mail adress? here it does not send me the Blender project.

TheBlackXTheBlackX
    Participant

Do you have discord? please join a discord server so we can talk directly and share the files. Either vgm Mods (on the orange bar above forums-> chat)

or Kame-House Discord Server link (in description) or Trizick’s link in description or both.

The hunter
    shall surpass all
    who came before him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.