SSJ4 Goku with Shirt/tunic

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Requests SSJ4 Goku with Shirt/tunic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    captain strawberry
    Participant

Is it possible to give a mod where SSJ4 Goku can have a shirt instead of being shirtless?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    captain strawberry
    Participant

I’m willing to pay. So is there anyone willing to step foward?

RazeDevastator
    Participant

Unfortunately, the only thing keeping this from being an easy model swap of a mod is that your picture has SS4 Goku’s arm fur coming out of the sleeves. In this game, Goku’s arms are a part of the model for his shirt and chest… Unless you can settle for a bare-armed SS4 Goku, this is gonna require remodeling his bust file, texture mapping and all….

If you’re okay with him having bare arms, I can walk you through how to swap his bust model for free, and I can even show you how to get his pants to match the same orange color as his shirt. But if you do need him to have the fur on his arms, then I unfortunately can’t help you any further since I haven’t been able to successfully customize 3-D models yet in my modding experience.

captain strawberry
    Participant

Unfortunately, the only thing keeping this from being an easy model swap of a mod is that your picture has SS4 Goku’s arm fur coming out of the sleeves. In this game, Goku’s arms are a part of the model for his shirt and chest… Unless you can settle for a bare-armed SS4 Goku, this is gonna require remodeling his bust file, texture mapping and all…. If you’re okay with him having bare arms, I can walk you through how to swap his bust model for free, and I can even show you how to get his pants to match the same orange color as his shirt. But if you do need him to have the fur on his arms, then I unfortunately can’t help you any further since I haven’t been able to successfully customize 3-D models yet in my modding experience.

Sure! I’d be okay with a bare armed SSJ4 Goku and a tutorial.

atsuraelu
    Participant

I suck at Blender so there’s some clipping going on (as seen in the following pictures), but if you can live with that…
    Stuff
    SSJ4 Goku Gi
    The tail is in the file, but screenshots are from a WIP, so not showing there and I’m too lazy to make new screens…^^

captain strawberry
    Participant

I suck at Blender so there’s some clipping going on (as seen in the following pictures), but if you can live with that… Stuff<noscript>Stuff</noscript>SSJ4 Goku Gi The tail is in the file, but screenshots are from a WIP, so not showing there and I’m too lazy to make new screens…^^

Woah that is pretty good. ^__^

Would it be too much to ask for a SSJ4 Goku with the Whis shirt gi? Sorry if I am going on a tangent…

atsuraelu
    Participant

Well, the tail would have major clipping, as the Whis symbol Gi extends over the spot where the tail emerges.
    I’ll see if I can come up with something that doesn’t look too bad. No promises, though.

edit: Oh, @RazeDevastator:
    Please still do that tutorial. Maybe in the tutorials section?

captain strawberry
    Participant

Well, the tail would have major clipping, as the Whis symbol Gi extends over the spot where the tail emerges. I’ll see if I can come up with something that doesn’t look too bad. No promises, though. edit: Oh, @razedevastator: Please still do that tutorial. Maybe in the tutorials section?

I don’t really care much if the tail clips through the tail. As long as I have a SSJ4 Goku with a shirt 😀

And @razedevestator please still do!

RazeDevastator
    Participant

I liked what atsuraelu was going for even more to be honest. But if you still want the bare-armed version for yourself to replace your game’s SS4 Goku, you can just perform the following (this is a BIT more than a basic model swap if you want the belt/obi on Goku):

Tools you’ll need:

1. Download each of the above files.
    2. If you haven’t already, unpack your data CPK files in your Steam\SteamApps\common\DB Xenoverse 2\ directory. Do so by dragging each individual data.cpk file one at a time and releasing it over the appropriate extractor tool. If you haven’t done this already, this will take a long time to finish unpacking.
    3. Once you’ve completely unpacked everything, search in [whereveryouextractedyourCPKs]\data\chara\GOK\ for GOK_018.
    4. In the results, select and copy the following:
    • GOK_018_Pants.dyt.emb
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD03.esk
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD03.emd
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD02.esk
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD02.emd
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD01.esk
    • GOK_018_obi_LOD01.emd
    • GOK_018_obi_scd.esk
    • GOK_018_obi_scd.emm
    • GOK_018_obi_scd.emd
    • GOK_018_obi_scd.dyt.emb
    • GOK_018_obi.scd
    • GOK_018_Bust.emm
    • GOK_018_Bust.emd
    • GOK_018_Bust.emb
    • GOK_018_Bust.dyt.emb
    • GOK_018_Rist.emm
    • GOK_018_Rist.emd
    • GOK_018_Rist.emb
    • GOK_018_Rist.dyt.emb
    • GOK_018_Rist_LOD03.emd
    • GOK_018_Rist_LOD02.emd
    • GOK_018_Rist_LOD03.emd
    1. Go to your the folder Steam\SteamApps\common\DB Xenoverse 2\data\chara\ (create any folder in this path that you don’t already have)
    2. Create a folder called GK4
    3. Paste everything you just copied in the GK4 folder you just made
    4. Leave the pants file the same name, but rename everything else that you pasted so that the word GOK is replaced by GK4, and the number 018 is replaced by 000
    5. Go back to [whereveryouextractedyourCPKs]\data\chara\GK4
    6. Copy the GK4.bcs file and the GK4_000_Pants.dyt.emb file.
    7. Paste the two files in the Steam\SteamApps\common\DB Xenoverse 2\data\chara\GK4 folder that you made earlier.
    8. Drag the GK4.bcs file onto genser.exe. This should create a GK4.bcs.xml file right underneath the GK4.bcs file.
    9. Right click GK4.bcs.xml and choose Edit with Notepad ++.
    10. Find <PartSet idx=”0″> and replace that (up to and including </PartSet>) with the following:

<PartSet idx="0">
    <Part idx="0">
    <!--Face_base-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="2" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    <!--MODEL, EMM, EMB, EAN-->
    <FILES value="NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL" />
    </Part>
    <Part idx="1">
    <!--Face_forehead-->
    <!--This entry is empty.-->
    </Part>
    <Part idx="2">
    <!--Face_eye-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="2" />
    <U_10 value="0x1" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="2.0999999" />
    <F_28 value="1.89999998" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    </Part>
    <Part idx="3">
    <!--Face_nose-->
    </Part>
    <Part idx="4">
    <!--Face_ear-->
    </Part>
    <Part idx="5">
    <!--Hair-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="2" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    <PhysicsObject>
    <U_00 value="0xffff" />
    <U_02 value="0xffff" />
    <U_04 value="0x2" />
    <U_18 value="0x1" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    <STR_28 value="GK4_000_hair_scd, GK4_000_Hair, GK4_000_Hair, NULL, b_C_Head, GK4_000_hair_scd" />
    </PhysicsObject>
    </Part>
    <Part idx="6">
    <!--Bust-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="0" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    </Part>
    <Part idx="7">
    <!--Pants-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="0" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    <PhysicsObject>
    <U_00 value="0xffff" />
    <U_02 value="0xffff" />
    <U_04 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    <STR_28 value="GK4_000_obi_scd, GK4_000_obi_scd, GK4_000_Pants, NULL, b_C_Pelvis, GK4_000_obi" />
    </PhysicsObject>
    </Part>
    <Part idx="8">
    <!--Rist-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="0" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    </Part>
    <Part idx="9">
    <!--Boots-->
    <MODEL value="0" />
    <MODEL2 value="0" />
    <TEXTURE value="2" />
    <U_10 value="0x0" />
    <U_18 value="0x0" />
    <U_1C value="0x0" />
    <U_20 value="0x0" />
    <F_24 value="0.0" />
    <F_28 value="0.0" />
    <U_2C value="0x0" />
    <U_30 value="0x0" />
    <NAME value="GK4" />
    </Part>
    </PartSet>

1. Save the file and close out of it.
    2. Drag the GK4.bcs.xml file onto genser.exe. This should take your changes and save them onto the original GK4.bcs file in that same folder.
    3. Now all that’s left is getting the right color for his pants. Drag your GOK_018_Pants.dyt.emb file onto embpack.exe. This will create a folder called GOK_018_Pants.dyt
    4. Repeat step 3 for the GK4_000_Pants.dyt.emb file instead.
    5. Open Paint.NET
    6. Click File, and then Open. Go to DB Xenoverse 2\data\chara\GK4\GK4_000_Pants.dyt and open DATA000.dds
    7. Click File, and then Open again. Go to DB Xenoverse 2\data\chara\GK4\GOK_018_Pants.dyt and open DATA000.dds
    8. You can tell the difference between the two files because GK4 has a line of red on it. Press the S key and then carefully hold left-click and drag from the top left corner all the way to the bottom right corner where the color ends (so basically select everything at the top that isn’t the big black square on the bottom)
    9. Press CTRL+C to copy the selection
    10. At the top of the window, click on the file that has the red line on it
    11. Press CTRL+V to paste what you copied. Luckily, it should paste in exactly the right spot so that your red tail texture stays intact.
    12. Click File and then Save.
    13. For the window that comes up, leave the settings as default except for the dropdown menu. Change it to DXT5 (Interpolated Alpha). Then click OK.
    14. Close out of Paint.NET
    15. Drag your entire GK4_000_Pants.dyt folder back onto embpack.exe to update your GK4_000_Pants.dyt.emb folder with your changes.

Run the game, and when you see SS4 Goku, he should now have Goku’s Whis training gi with bare arms, and orange pants that match the color of the Whis training gi outfit, along with his SS4 tail. I think you’ll agree that the non-Super Saiyan texture of the gi looks a lot more orange and better suits SS4 Goku. This model swap looks good, but you could also go the extra mile and use that same texture replacer trick to get the flesh-colored parts of the shirt and arms to match the tanner complexion of SS4 Goku. Then it would be perfect.

jmontgomeryphi
    Participant

Hello, I’m new to modding and I wanted to get into it by learning the basics. I see that you created a step by step guide to model swapping at an advanced level. I was wondering if I maybe half of those steps are required for model swapping. I know it’s probably not that complicated, but this is my first time modding and I see you have a lot of knowledge on moddin and I thought that I’d ask someone who knows what they’re doing. So if you can help, I truly appreciate it. If not, then I totally get it.  Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.