Trying to change CaC's default hair and eye color to be Super Saiyan

Xenoverse 2 Mods Forums Xenoverse 2 Help Trying to change CaC's default hair and eye color to be Super Saiyan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RazeDevastator
    Participant

I’ve scoured tutorials and videos on this, but editing textures still baffles the heck out of me… I’m trying to make an X2M file of a character that starts out in his Super Saiyan form. I’ve got the shaders and different hair model to work perfectly, but the colors haven’t changed.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

His eyes are bright green, right? So by unpacking the dyt.emb files, I SHOULD be able to find a bright green hue to change for the eyes… but for the DATA002.dds file of the eyes that I properly replaced the DATA000.dds file with, I see nothing but white, black, and the Super Saiyan jungle green eye color, as hues…

(I’ve attached and converted it to a .png so you can see it)

so I have no idea where I’m supposed to replace the bright green of my character’s eyes if there is no bright green hue on the .dds file to replace. Could anyone please shed some light on how this part works?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RazeDevastator
    Participant

Not to be rude, but I often wonder why this help section even exists. XD Unless you’re well connected, getting any replies is like winning the lottery. I understand why, I mean modders are naturally busy. But there should really be fair warning that the help section is NOT a place to rely on at all.

atsuraelu
    Participant

No idea about texture editing, as I’ve never done it, but you should be able to change the textures by editing the characters BCS file.
    Serialize the file with genser, look for the costume entry you want to change and change the hairs and eyes texture value to 2.

RazeDevastator
    Participant

No idea about texture editing, as I’ve never done it, but you should be able to change the textures by editing the characters BCS file. Serialize the file with genser, look for the costume entry you want to change and change the hairs and eyes texture value to 2.

Thank you for replying and trying to help. 🙂 But sadly, this method doesn’t seem to be enough…

I serialized the BCS file with Genser and opened it with Notepad. There is a TON of data and I changed all the TEXTURE values from “0” to “2”, but this only replaces the shaders again… I see another bit of data about COLOR, but the values don’t make sense and range from 0 to 55. I feel like this method is probably more complicated than changing the hues and is why there aren’t many videos or posts about people using it.

I’m just baffled by the fact that I can alter the DDS files for the colors as much as possible and NO COLOR changes in-game…. I feel like the in-game color editor might be overriding all of my changes somehow….

FoxySSJ4FoxySSJ4
    Participant

If you turn a cac into a x2m charaand you want change the base color you have to edit/change the material in the emd file and the value on the emm file.

RazeDevastator
    Participant

I must apologize to atsuraelu, because your method DID work once I got a little more familiar with modding.

I admit that I was completely new to XML editing at the time and that, when you offered your assistance, I tried editing the BCS.XML file in basic Notepad… Now that I’m using Notepad ++, changing the texture values to 2 and supplying the correct model values for the hair and eyes DOES in fact allow my character to appear as a default Super Saiyan if I replace the correct costume index parts. When I asked for help, I had no idea how influential the BCS file was to the character’s colors and models and tried to do it all through texture packing…

Thank you very much for leading me in the right direction. 🙂 Thanks for your help as well, Foxy. I’m sure that must be required if you change the character’s color into something that isn’t already in the BCS file (such as a transformation), but I luckily needed data that was already inside the file… but was put in the wrong spot. 🙂

20170918040720_1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.