Logo by PotatoHedgehog. Compatible with the No Grind mod.
For years and years I've been asking for a mod to increase difficulty. Finally I just made one. This is the first mod I've ever made, so have some patience and I'll fix/balance whatever issues appear.
- Increased the stats and AI for all enemies. Added more moves to their roster of available moves.
- Increased the learn rate of ultimates, skills, and evasive moves to 60%, 70%, & 80%, respectively.
- Maxed out nearly all time limits. Any parallel quest that used the time limit to trigger the ultimate finish will now do so if the player never drops below 10% health.
- Optional music mod includes music from Dragon Ball Kai, Dragon Ball Super, Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and remixes of these songs from Android Orchestra, Styzmask, and PokéMixr92 among others.
Story mode changes
- Added The Do or Die system. If you drop below 25% health, one of four events (three negative, one positive) will play. If you survive, you'll receive double experience and Zeni.
What this mod changes
- Story mode
- Parallel Quests
- Time Rifts
- Teacher Lessons
What this mod doesn't change
- DLC content like story, PQ, etc. (Yet)
- Expert missions (They're tough enough)
- Versus mode (I don't have the tools for them)
- Offline battles (I don't have the tools for them)
- Legend Patrol
- Fu Quests (Yet)
- Hero Colosseum
- Lobby battles (random CaC NPCs)
- All parallel quests are unlocked from the start except those that require you to talk to someone first. Unfortunately the game won't listen to me and insists on keeping them unlocked.
- Sometimes after you complete Story Mission 24: Out of my Way! - Life or Death Battle, nobody appears in the Time Nest. You'll need to use a save file editor to set Story Mission 25 as locked. The video has a time stamp that explains how to fix this. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way for me to fix this as of yet.
- Story Mission 17: Strategic Uncertainty - The Android Cell, when Cell is knocking out Piccolo, he'll miss his ult if pushed by the player. If the mission doesn't continue after 10 seconds, you'll need to restart. This can be avoided by not attacking Cell when you see him teleport.
- Frieza's Spaceship Time Rift Mission 7: Surpass the Captain - The first person knocked out doesn't say anything until someone else is knocked out, too.
- For some people the Do or Die system won't show any dialogue. The system will still work and you'll still get double experience and Zeni, however.
- Parallel quests may not have the win and lose statements like they should. You can restore them by going to Data > Quest > TMQ and deleting the file called tmq_data.qxd
Installation: Use the custom installer. You must have XVPatcher by Eternity installed.
Uninstallation: Use the custom installer.
Version 1.1.1 - More Balances (TBD, unreleased)
- Increased damage dealt by all allies across all Time Rifts.
- More music level adjustments.
- Fixed the bug where Goku replaced Krillin in Story Mission 6.
- Fixed the bug where Krillin replaced Vegeta in Story Mission 8.
- Fixed the bug where Tien and Yamcha are on Namek in Story Mission 9.
- Fixed the bug where Yamcha kept dodging every attack thrown at him.
Version 1.1.0 - Balances (Nov. 21, 2020)
- Characters that have a transformation (Kaioken or Super Saiyan only) now have instructions to transform at the start of the mission or when they join the battle.
- Changed the third event of the Do or Die system. The player will now take 25% additional damage as well as have their max stamina set to 2 bars.
- Changed how the game applies the Do or Die system. The ultimate finish should now trigger more reliably & missions will load slightly faster.
- Increased the damage dealt by all allies (doesn't include Story Mission 5).
- In Story Mission 3 - Turles, the Other Saiyan, the flag which triggers the dialogue "This guy looks just like me..." will now only trigger when Turles is at 87.5% health rather than if 70 seconds pass.
- In Story Mission 18 - Mira, Warrior from the Demon Realm, gave Trunks a full roster of skills. Also changed the quest to automatically end after 5 minutes rather than 3 minutes.
- In Story Mission 20 - Revived! A Power Level of 10 Billion, the mission will now end after defeating 50 Metal Coolers rather than 30.
- In Story Mission 31 - The Emperor of Dread Returns, the mission will now end after defeating 30 members of the Frieza Force rather than 15. The dialogue will now play after different triggers to match.
- Applied Proud Mode to Story Missions 39 (Bardock vs. Mira) & 40 (Gohan & Trunks vs. the androids).
- Moderate AI increase for the mentor when joining Parallel Quests.
- The player is now able to transform and use evasives during teacher quests.
- Fixed the issue with max level only giving 372 attribute points rather than 375.
- Fixed a bug where Frieza race members wouldn't have their basic ki attacks boosted during the Do or Die boost event.
- Fixed the bug in Story Mission 4 where Nappa wouldn't appear the mission couldn't be completed.
- Fixed a bug in Story Mission 4 where Goku didn't have boosted stats.
- Fixed the bug where the Do or Die system may apply twice during Story Mission 5.
- Fixed the issue where the enemy counter still shows in Story Mission 20 when it shouldn't. Also fixed the issue where Trunks wasn't receiving the damage boost I gave him.
- Fixed the issue where Gohan's stats weren't boosted in Story Mission 22.
- Fixed the issue where the wrong music played during Story Mission 22 in the version without the optional music mod.
- Fixed a bug where the Do or Die system wasn't applying properly in Story Mission 29.
- Fixed the bug where the full Do or Die system was applying on Story Mission 36 rather than only the positive events.
- Fixed the bug where Yamcha was allowed to use more than 0.01% of his maximum power.
Version 1.0.3 - Custom Installer (Nov. 16, 2020)
Added a custom installer. There is no need to update if the mod is working fine for you on 1.0.2.
Added a new video to reflect the changes made to the mod thus far.
Version 1.0.2 - AI Balances (Nov. 15, 2020)
- Separated the version with the optional music mod and the version without. This is due to the fact that the size of the optional music mod file seems to be causing some download issues. I wouldn't want that impacting people who don't want the optional music mod. Regardless, this should be resolved with the new installer.
- I noticed a few AI weren't performing to expectation despite having high AI numbers. Turns out every character responds to the AI numbers differently. Rather than testing every NPC 300 times, I’m going to change the AI as I’m informed of easy opponents or as I find them.
- Added my own leveling mod. Leveling is now slightly more difficult for the first 20 levels and the same thereafter. The first 21 levels will give you 3 attribute points and the remaining will give you 4. This results in the same number of attribute points at max level but gives a more consistent amount per level.
- Fixed the issue where the wrong music played during the first and third demos in Story Mission 1 and during Intermission 3. Fixed the issue where the wrong music played for Android 16’s initial teacher quest.
- A few more music volume adjustments.
Version 1.0.1 - A few quick balances (Nov. 8, 2020)
Balanced the volume of a few music pieces.
Fixed a few typos for the Do or Die System.
Fixed the issue where the ultimate finish wouldn’t trigger if the Do or Die System activated in Story Mission 2.
Buffed Goku’s damage in Story Mission 4. Also fixed the bug where the screen stays white if the Do or Die system is triggered.
Version 1.0.0 - Introduction (Nov. 3, 2020)